Healing and Growth
We are a private psychotherapy group located in the Flatiron District of Manhattan, NYC, offering mental health counseling for young adults, and adults. The right therapy can make an enormous difference in your life and, among other things, provide you with clarity and relief.
Our core commitment is to healing and growth, and to honor and respect the uniqueness of each individual. We pay particular attention to clients’ desires to find answers within themselves, while also offering our professional expertise and direction in a collaborative effort toward healing.
Our counselors utilize many different therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive-Behavioral, Psychodynamic and Humanistic Psychotherapy, Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing, and Gestalt techniques, to tailor therapy to each individual’s needs.
Some Reasons People Seek Our Services:
- You feel overwhelmed with depression or anxiety and want relief.
- You feel like you are stuck in a rut and don’t see a way out.
- You feel like you might have a problem with drugs or alcohol but haven’t been able to stop.
- You feel like you or your life is out of control.
- You have a problem that is interfering with your relationships, employment or school or causing you distress.
- You feel you lack enough support in your life or are tired of burdening your friends with your problems.
- You are unhappy in your relationships or are having trouble setting boundaries with others.
- You are having trouble coping with a recent or past loss and need support and tools to move forward.
- You are having problems accepting your sexual identity.
- You want to foster personal growth, have an objective and non-partial sounding board, or explore issues as they occur in your daily life.
Find More Fulfillment and Joy
Therapy is an investment in yourself which can serve not only to help you problem solve but also to energize your life, actualize your potential, and better realize your hopes and dreams. The goal of therapy is to stop behaviors and belief patterns that have had negative effects on you and those around you and to create more of what you do want in your life; healthy relationships, meaningful time with family and friends, increased productivity at work, feeling comfortable in your own skin, and sustained peace of mind.
At Flatiron Mental Health Counseling, we strive to embody the values of connection curiosity, compassion, and collaboration within a person-centered approach to therapy, a non-pathologizing and empowering stance towards understanding human problems.
The human-to-human connection between the therapist and the client is paramount and provides both a foundation for change and a transformational relationship in which healing can occur. The therapeutic relationship provides a safe space that allows one to be seen, felt and understood through genuine curiousity about you, your beliefs, circumstances and inner world; as well as compassion, literally “feeling with” in the face of suffering, sorrow and the full range of human emotions.
We believe that each person has the capacity for change and is equipped with the inner resources to do so. Therapists who work collaboratively trust their clients to know themselves (or have the potential to know themselves) better than anyone else and help them to access their own inner wisdom that is always ready to support healing, change and growth.
Flatiron Mental Health Counseling provides counseling and psychotherapy services for individuals struggling with stress, anxiety, depression, addictions, relationships and intimacy, loss and career/life transitions. Our current staff includes Helga Byrne LMHC, NCC, CASAC; Denise Abatemarco LMHC; Jason Chan LMHC and Deanna Mills LMHC, NCC.